Kala Namak is special type of Indian mineral salt with a characteristic sulphurous flavour. Black salt or Kala Namak is reddish-grey to purplish pink coloured because of the presence of trace minerals and iron. When grounded to form small crystals and powder, it assumes pink colour. According to India’s classical medical science, Ayurveda, black salt is full of therapeutic benefits. It is rich in iron, and is used for getting relief from intestinal gas (flatulence) and heart burn.
It is recommended for people with high blood pressure and to people who are on low salt diets because it is lower in sodium and does not increase sodium content in the blood. It is rich in iron and also known for comforting intestinal gas (flatulence) and heart burn. It has strong initial flavor that mallow in cooking. Its smoky tangy taste heightens the flavor in food
- Its intake regulates the body water content.
- Indian Kala Namak is considered a cooling spice in Ayurvedic medicine and is used as a laxative, aids in digestion.
- It is also believed to relieve intestinal gas and heartburn.
- Rich in minerals.
- Vital to nerve cells for communication and information processing function.
- Balances blood sugar levels.
- Reduces aging process.
- Helps in absorption of digested food by stomach cells lining intestinal tract.
- It is a natural antihistamine i.e., clear sinuses.
- Has high Sodium that cures acidity, gas and purifies blood.
- The Chlorine of Organic Black Salt frees your body from foreign elements.
- Calcium facilitates the formation and growth of bones.
- The Phosphorous present sharpens your mind.
- Iron is necessary for absorbing oxygen and reduces the risk of anaemia.
- Manganese balances salt in your body
- Potassium mineral strengthens nerves, heart and liver.
- Copper aids in improving the iron content of your body.
- Sulphur is required for purifying blood and skin.
- Silicon strengthens eyes and ears.
- Magnesium acts as a general health tonic.